Whistle Info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poised

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi

I am trying to reseach the length a whistle should hang from a BC as per manufacturer versus real life; Do you let your whistles hang, tuck them in a pocket, or use the ones that attach to the mask? What ois the acceptable standard to have them at in inches?

I am curious as I rented a BC with a whistle hanging at least 6" from the vest on nylon cord. Needless to say it caught onto a chain.....:shocked2:

Anyone with the info or can point me the right way, I am curious to find out.

Thanks

I would recommend checking different manufacturers' web sites and examine the location they come from the factory at. I have a SCUBAPRO and it is zip-tied directly to LP inflator hose about midway.

I dont think it matters so much as long as it can reach your mouth. I dive a B/PW and have it on the the left hand shoulder D ring bungee, I can reach it fine and it does not get in the way. On most BCs Ive seen that actually have a whistle they tend to be hanging somewhere along the inflator hose. I don't like the idea of it being in a pocket, too easy to lose/drop I think and if you are indeed needing to use the whistle chances are its an emergency where speed may be of the essence. also if its visible maybe easier for someone else to use if required... If I were diving a BC I too would probably attach to the inflator hose or shoulder D ring, if it had them, using bungee cord.

Back
Top Bottom