swivel....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, my memory fails me - there was one that was in major disfavor, but in my searches, many more...

Which one(s) do you desire??????

There's two, I linked to the wrong one: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=UniversalComfortSwivel

Atomic Aquatics Regulator Essential Accessories

Universal Comfort Swivel Hose
One of the most popular innovations for the Atomic Aquatics regulators is now available to fit other regulator brands. The Universal Comfort Swivel will fit virtually any second stage on the market today. If your regulator uses a standard 9/16"-18 low pressure hose fitting as most do, the Universal Comfort Swivel simply replaces your existing hose assembly. Constructed of chrome plated brass and stainless steel.

If I were going to use a swivel, the Atomic is the only one I'd use. Of course that's just my opinion. They do make one that is considered "universal."

All my regs are Atomic.

My dubs and singles regs have 7' hoses, all with the Atomic swivel. They've made a significant difference in comfort on long dives, and when pressurized, the swivel "firms up" and stops being floppy; thus, they donate nicely.

I've never heard about one failing, and anyway, the o-ring count is the same as a standard 2nd stage swivel. <shrugs>

I spec'd the 7' long hose at the time I ordered the regs, so it came that way from the factory. IIRC it cost me an extra $70 or so.

All the best, James

PS - I know you're locked into ScubaPro...but...it's interesting to look into who designed the SP regs, like the G250 etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom