When does equipment go on sale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Divers keeps telling me to just get to the dive shop when the equipment goes on an end-of-season sale, and I can get good prices.

Great idea!

Any input about the most likely time of year for such a sale?

Thanks!

L in Washington State

Well not that it helps much for you but in Singapore as the dive season just ended a few weeks back there are sales each week, and they start pushing the OS trips to destinations that we need to fly to or local (crap) diving.

From my experience, things I'm interested in go on sale approximately 2 days after I buy them.

J.

Freeflyer once bubbled...
From my experience, things I'm interested in go on sale approximately 2 days after I buy them.

J.
Sux doesn't it :)

I had been feeling that I needed to get my equipment at the LDS because I wanted some expert advice on what to get...

Well I went to the LDS and he suggested only one brand, which I assume is the only one he carried. He had strong opinions on what I should get. For example, he was dead against the BCs made for women with back inflation, and he strongly recommended an AIR 2 system.

I was nearly convinced but remembered all my expert friends here on the board, so i've been combing the posts. That helped me make my own decisions about the equipment I needed and I got some great deals on Ebay!

Thanks, guys!

love2godeep once bubbled...

Well I went to the LDS and he suggested only one brand, which I assume is the only one he carried. He had strong opinions on what I should get. For example, he was dead against the BCs made for women with back inflation, and he strongly recommended an AIR 2 system.

So, you expect to go to a Ford dealer and for them to tell you to buy a Chevy because it might fit you better?

You have 3 shops in Spokane if memory serves. Did you go to all three and receive the same advice? There is nothing wrong with an Air2 BTW. There is a better alternative, but lots of people don't know about it or why its better. Same with backinflate BCs.

MD

Well, MD, forgive my ignorance but this is my first foray into the world of buying dive equipment. From what you are saying, each dive shop carries only one brand? I guess I thought it was like a ski shop where several brands are usually available. Yes, there are 2 more dive shops in Spokane. I'll try to check them out, but I'm a looong way from town, especially when it's snowing and the ferry is down.

I unfortunately happen to be one of the unenlightened who is unaware of the better alternative to the AIR 2. In spite of all the neg opinions, I still like the idea of not having to deal with an octopus that seems to work its way loose all too often. Care to enlighten?

Are you suggesting that a BP and wings are the better alternative to a backinflate BC?

Give me a break, MD. I'm on a steep learning curve right now.

L2GD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom