If You Could Replace 1 Piece of Gear . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

syruss32

Reaction score
If you had the opportunity and the means to replace one piece of gear that you already own, what would you replace, why would you replace it, and what would be your choice now that you can do it right?

With the gear that I have I think I would replace my Dacor Flyt Pak BCD. The reason is because I would like some pockets, and it has only weight capacity of 32 pounds, which in salt water is two less than I need with skins so I pushed it to 34. Not sure with what but I would still want back inflation and weight integrated, but with rear trim weights and a 40 pound capacity since I am REALLY bouyant!

Dacor Nautica WD --> Seaquest Pro QD

Got the Nautica for my OW cert because it was on sale at a LDS, and the rental shop did not have a BC that fit me. Now I'm stuck with it.

The problem with the Nautica is that it's not a great BC ... but, it's not a bad BC either. It works well enough that I can't justify replacing it. Hence, I'm stuck with this BC.

Ranger BC with OMS IQ400 with Double Bladders and all the other goodies

Originally posted by Tom Vyles
My 10+ y/o BC with either a Transpak II or a halcyon.

Tom

Wow I don't think I have anything in my possesion that is 10 years old. We may have to take up a collection to upgrade you my friend!

Either my 45$ UK primary light for an EE HID baby...

or my 5 lb. lead weight for a set of steel 95 doubles with manifold and drysuit...

Tommy

dive locations

but wait you asked about equiptment hummm

the swimsuit of my dive buddy at my new location :D

Back
Top Bottom