Is This A Good Deal, or just outdated??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrantley531

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new the the scuba diving scene. Been a free diver for a few years and finally decided to get certified. I've been looking at getting my own gear and getting it used (still in good condition) so I can begin to learn it and become more comfortable in it. I found this gear on Craigslist and I feel as if it is a good deal, but yet again I'm a noobie and would like some experience tell me if it is worth it. Here is a link to the ad I am talking about. dive gear, BC, 1st stage, 2nd stage, Atomic and Oceanic **NICE**.

Any input is greatly appreciated! !

Btw I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Sounds like a decent deal to me. I would go to that dive shop and verify it was really just serviced OR get it serviced somewhere anyway though. Don't trust the "it was just serviced" line when buying used gear.

Yea i actually am going to look at the gear tonight, and already informed my dive shop that i may be bringing it to them. But i appreciate the input man! Greatly appreciated!

Seems okay, but nothing to write home about.

The last sentence would be a red flag to me. That type of personality never seems to want to sell things at a bargain/deal price.

keep in mind that the regulater first stage may need a jet seat piston upgrade on the next service. The part will cost $70.

Guess he bought it since the listing has been deleted from craigslist

Sorry too so long to respond guys. I'm still trying to figure the forum out! But yes I did purchase the gear last night. It was all in immaculate condition. Received extra hoses, adapters for the SS1 and many more. The BCD fit me perfect. Also got a dive knife and Oceanic V12 split fins with it ( I have the atomic split so I'll keep as back up). I'm bringing it by my shop tomorrow when I get back in town to have them check it out. Hopefully everything will check out good. His dive shop did say that everything is in great shape and ready for diving. (Went by there yeaterday). But I'm having mine verify that before I get in the water.

Congrats and happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom