T handles for installing hose protectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gentlegiant

Contributor
Reaction score
As I switch gear around I always seem to find I have a new hose without a strain relief or hose protector (sleeve on hose near 1st stage designed to keep hose from chafing) and need to install this item. I have used a T-handle to do this at my LDS, but cannot seemt o find a set of these for my own use. It is basically a rod with either a female 3/8ths or 7/16ths threaded connector at one end and a T shaped handle at the other. You slide the hose protector onto the handle, screw the hose into the connector and push the protector down over the hose. If anyone has a lead on where to get these I would apprecitate it.

Do you do penetration dives? If not, you probably don't need the protectors. They trap water and can shorten the life of your hoses. If you really want the T, Trident sells them. Any LDS can order them. Otherwise, you can order from Northeast Scuba

www.scubatools.com, but it doesn't appear to be up at the moment. Great stuff, I"ve been ordering from 'em for years...

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom