Oceanic Competitive Package thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolfgangmob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a decent set of gear for just starting to dive and came across the Oceanic Competitive Package. For my needs I will likely do around 20 to 30 dives a year and all in the late spring to early fall range since I am in college so water temps will be 60F+. This gear set up is very similar to the OW class setup I have to use just the Aeris version. The kit comes with:
Alpha 8 SP5 regulator
Alpha 8 octo
Ocean Pro QLR BCD 1000D
VEO 1.0 Dive Computer Double Gauge combo (SPG with temp and VEO 1.0 module)

I am mostly wondering what people think of this set up for a new diver who is only going to be doing basic OW dives in warm water. I have no problem with buying new gear a few years down the road if I get more into diving depending on where I end up living after college. My main reason for getting my own gear is logistics for some local sites there simply isn't a local dive shop for the area and I could get more dives in, and be motivated to get more dives in, if I have the gear ready to go whenever I want since my roommate also has a full set of gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom