unknown low pressure hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runsongas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I got some hoses that came with some other scuba gear. One of the hoses didn't seem to be the standard size (it didn't fit any of my 2nd stages). Wondered if anyone knew what it is so I could figure out what it could be useful for. There are no brand markings on it, only says it is low pressure rated to 250 psi and the male end fits a standard LP port, but the female end seems to be smaller than usual so that I couldn't screw in a 2nd stage to it. Length is roughly 28 inches.

IMG_20140726_144821.jpg

Who cares, throw it away. LP hoses are cheap and need to be replaced periodically anyway. It doesn't fit anything you have and is old enough to have a seriously degraded o-ring.

Yeah man! Who cares? Screw curiosity. What are you? some kind of a dweeb?

Sheesh. Dude has a legit question, calm down.

What kind of gear did you buy? Usually the female end fits but the male end is larger than a normal lp port. I remember reading in another thread that older poseidon regulators used a special hose.

---------- Post added July 26th, 2014 at 07:13 PM ----------

By the way, o-rings are replaceable.

Looks like the hose for an AGA mask. They are not standard 9/16. Don't throw it away. They are not cheap. Fire_Diver does not know what he's talking about. But being on the same side as AJ is really disturbing.

thanks for the info kwinter, i will just keep the hose in my spare parts bin.

You'll probably never need it. Find someone with an AGA mask in your area and verify that's what it is. Then offer to sell it for a few bucks so they have a spare. Works out best for everyone. Check threads for AGA, FFM, and Diveator. There should be plenty of folks in your area.

I'm going to check when I get home, but if that's an AGA hose I want it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom