undergarments for a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skullmancan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i am testing the waters i have recently bought a drysuit i dont yet have undergarments the only thing i have is thermals at the moment but that dont keep me warm when i go to deeper depths i am concidering maby getting hunting undergarments does any one use them and does it work to use them and keep you warm

Ok as someone who has been though this... Do not under any circumstances waste money on non diving undies. Anything that will actually work as well will be similarly priced.
What sort of temps are you dealing with, worst case? down in NC I'm guessing high 50's at the worst? How long do you plan to dive typically?
This is my primary set of undies, Arctic Extreme Performance Undersuit for Diving | Fourth Element
I've been using the two piece for years (just noticed it now comes in a one piece suit, sweet!) and find it quite warm for anything down to high 40's but I would think for most people it would be great for anything 55+.
For long or really cold stuff (32F) I use this, Halo 3D Undersuit for Technical Diving | Fourth Element

If you're the right size I also have a set of these, Ozone - Outer Layer for Xerotherm, Arctic and Drybase Undersuits | Fourth Element
that I'd let go on the cheap. I wore them twice but didn't like the bulk (400g thinsulate). Mine isn't quite the ozone, they are the sub zero (discontinued line, ozone is the next gen) but look pretty much the same.

Lots of folks rave about the Whites Thermal Fusion undies. I have DUI's thinsulate undies which are now called the XM450's. Santi also builds a nice set of undies. There are lots of reasons to go with something designed for diving. If I needed a new set today though, I would get a battery powered heated undersuit from DUI.

i dive a quarrry where the bottom temp is 46 degrees and i help with a polar plunge in febuary there have ben times that the river it is done in has ben frozen

I'm a Santi fan. Drysuit underwear needs to retain some warmth if you have a flood and can't get to the surface directly, for whatever reason, something regular hunting/climbing insulation might not be able to do.

Ok as someone who has been though this... Do not under any circumstances waste money on non diving undies. Anything that will actually work as well will be similarly priced.
Proper wool undergarments work perfectly fine. Its nothing magic that make it work better just because you print "diving" on a garment and double the pricetag...
And yeah, I think Id say I dive cold water when the water goes solid above my head

wut i am asking though is would hunting undergarments work what i am looking for is if maby someoen that has used hunting undergarment for a drysuit and i am looking to see if it works

wut i am asking though is would hunting undergarments work what i am looking for is if maby someoen that has used hunting undergarment for a drysuit and i am looking to see if it works
Woolen undergarments will work regardless what its made for...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom