Experience with scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kebosatu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

Normally I don't really care about 10% Or 15% discount, but this time I'm talking abt nearly 40% price different offered in scuba.com for some items compared to other online shop.

Yes it raised a question too when the price different is too big that's why I create this topic.
Wondering what's your experience with scuba.com, are they reliable?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks and best regards,
Kebo

I had a good experience buying dive computer with them. I'm in Canada and I believe it only took 2 days to receive.

I've bought from them 3-4 times. Usually soft goods, nothing over $100 or less. Most times they shipped fast - often a day or two later.

One time it took them about two months to never send me a pair of Pinnacle 3MM zippered boots. I wanted them for a trip about 6 weeks out and although they kept sending e-mail back-order notices, I never got the boots - so a few weeks after the trip I cancelled the order. They might've even contacted me to see if I still wanted them b4 they shipped when they finally did get them in stock - I don't recall any difficulties getting my CC credit after I did. I'm a 10-10-10.5 so not exactly an unusual size.

They are a real deal brick and mortar store in Irvine CA. A company I worked for had offices literally two blocks away so I've driven by it a couple times.
Never time to go in but it's a pretty good sized showroom/warehouse building.

Last edited:
For me, its was hit or miss with them. Seems they really didn't always stock what they list in their web site. Their way of handling back-orders or out of stock items is inconsistent and frustrating. Really can't rely on them, so at best I might attempt to pick up an item from them over the winter if I really didn't have a need for it in 6 months. If they let me down, I could then try and find it elsewhere....

Interestingly enough, they have never posted a few of my negative product reviews that usually point out a poor/inaccurate product description that a buyer should be aware of.

Honestly, I've moved on from them..... not worth the hassle. A lot of better web retailers out there.

For me, its was hit or miss with them. Seems they really didn't always stock what they list in their web site. Their way of handling back-orders or out of stock items is inconsistent and frustrating. Really can't rely on them, so at best I might attempt to pick up an item from them over the winter if I really didn't have a need for it in 6 months. If they let me down, I could then try and find it elsewhere....

Interestingly enough, they have never posted a few of my negative product reviews that usually point out a poor/inaccurate product description that a buyer should be aware of.

Honestly, I've moved on from them..... not worth the hassle. A lot of better web retailers out there.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I assume these transactions were made recently?

I went to their Web again and now noticed there is no bad review on any of the product listed. They are all good reviews... As you said, they might never post bad reviews.

The only reason I'm considering them is because they are selling an item which I want to give it a try with high discount. I don't normally return goods that I don't like, so a good discount for item like this really interest me.

Also, do they they honor warranty (at least help us to send it for repair)? Or the warranty is between us and the manufacturer?

Something to keep in mind if you prefer not to use scuba.com is price matching. Many of the large websites will price match other competitors. That said, I've purchased several items from them - the most expensive item being a cheap wetsuit. No issues with ordering from them and they ship fast (but still takes a while since they're across the country). Worst experience was ordering a gauge guard for my computer - took about 4 months. In their defense, it was also backordered everywhere else from the manufacturer. They sent e-mail notifications updating each time it was pushed back with an opportunity to cancel.

My only negative feedback would be they are not very good about responding to e-mails as I've had two go unanswered. One was a price match and one was a question about gloves, both of which I ended up purchasing elsewhere. I've spoken to them on the phone before once - they seemed rushed, but otherwise pleasant and answered my questions satisfactorily.

No warranty experience with them directly, but it seems many manufacturers avoid customer contact directly and require it to be sent back from the business it was purchased from.

I bought an s600/mk25 regulator from them about 18 months ago. No problems. Also no problems when getting it serviced at my local Scubapro shop.

I've had decent luck with them on the 5 or 6 things I've ordered, like scuba socks or a dive flag+float. They ship fast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom