Dive knife or line cutter for my BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hijax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a dive knife or line cutter that I can easily hook onto my BCD. Unfortunately, the Cressi Back Jac doesn't have grommet holes to attach one so it looks like I'll need something to wrap around a strap or hang from D-hook. I'm partial to not having too many dangling things on my BCD, keeping things nice and tight if possible.

Would love some feedback and recommendations.

Rey

a pair of trauma shears in the bcd pocket ;-)
(you can actually cut a nickel in two quite easily with those so a wet line under 5mm wouldn't pose a problem and they aren't considered a knife in those places where knives are prohibited)

Yeah trilobyte. You can zip tie those things anywhere and they will be out of the way while being easily accessible!

I carry a knife and scissors. Different tools for different jobs.
RichH

a pair of trauma shears in the bcd pocket ;-)
(you can actually cut a nickel in two quite easily with those so a wet line under 5mm wouldn't pose a problem and they aren't considered a knife in those places where knives are prohibited)

+1 and they are inexpensive.

I carry a short blunt tip knife on the waist to the left of center. A pair of trauma shears on my right (my dive shorts have a pocket specifically for scissors) and a trilobite on my right shoulder below the D-ring. I can reach any of them with either hand, and none of them dangle in the slightest.
If I'm shooting lionfish, then there's a BFK on my left calf, Sea Hunt style.

I prefer the Benchmade 7 to the trilobyte, and that lives on my computer strap. Trilobyte is good though. I always carry trauma shears, especially if ocean diving, and then if I'm ocean diving there is usually a pretty good sized knife for lionfish on my waist belt.

+1 for the Trilobyte, +1 for trauma shears... what's a knife?

Anyone diving a Zeagle Stiletto BC, if so where do you mount your trilobyte

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom