Are portakabin buildings suitable near sand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlieee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm not sure which section this should go into - this one or the non-diving related section, but I thought this is probably the best. Admins, please feel free to move this thread if you think it fits into another section better :)

Anyway! My scuba club are looking into buying a stand-alone modular portakabin like this for divers to get changed in and store their valuables/clothes/equipment in both whilst diving and afterwards when we go on a post-dive social. We still need to look into planning permission etc. for the area we want to put the building but before we even get to that stage we want to know if modular buildings are OK near sand/saltwater? Will the sea air cause corrossion or any other unpleasant consequences? If anyone knows and could share their wisdom that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Charlie

Back
Top Bottom