Halcyon EOS Mini - any reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dezz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi there!
I have been googleing for days now but with no luck..
I am really interested in this light but want to know more about it from someone actually using it.

Does anyone have any experience with this light?

I dive sidemount so I don't want a canister and the EOS Mini looks to be a strong contender.

I'm also thinking of adding a DIY diffuser to it to use with my GoPro so I don't have to have a dedicated video light.
Any thoughts?

I ordered a EOS Mini and it will arrive next week.
I'll post a review and possibly a video here when I've tested it.

I've had an EOS mini since February and have been using it mostly in temperate Southern California offshore waters. Battery on High beam setting lasted three dives of 45 min each; beam pattern comparable to my conventional corded EOS LED Primary Light. Unfortunately starting this past June, the High Beam setting would spontaneously turn-off -even with a full charge on the battery (have returned the EOS mini for warranty repair).

The practical advantage for a cordless Primary Light like the EOS mini is for the Wreck Diver running a lot of penetration reel line: no hip mounted canister cord to get entangled or fouled with reel line -or worse- along with trapping the Primary Reg Long Hose if you have to donate to a teammate while running line. The disadvantage is that it's easier to accidentally drop/fumble a cordless light and lose it to the abyss because there is obviously no tethering power cord like in a conventional hip mounted canister light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom