Hydro Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just curious. I believe a tank is filled with water for the test. How do they get the inside completely dry afterwords?

What awap said.

Last edited:
Depending on where you take it some don't. When you get it back it may need a quick whip or tumble and rinse/dry to get rid of the flash rust left in steel tanks. In al not such a pain. The hydro place we use only wants the tanks, not the valves. He dries, bead blasts if necessary, and O2 cleans them for one price. When they come back they are pristine.

Reactions: BRT
Thanks guys.

What I do to get the water out is simpley hook a vaccumn pump up and pull a vaccumn on the tank, close the tank valve after 10 or 15 minutes. Then hook up a charging lead and fill tank. Water boils at a very low temperature under a vaccumn. 29" vaccumn water boils at about 80 degrees I think thats close.

Last edited:
My hydro facility uses a rust inhibitor in the water. They inert the cylinder with helium to dry it.

Back
Top Bottom