Dive Gear Express: Holy Crap!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday I placed an order for several small hardware items from these guys (I wanted a compass I could easily attach to my pressure gage). I threw in a couple of stainless buckles and belt slides that cost about 30% of what the local shop sells them for and a few other small things. I picked the cheapest shipping option (the one that was free)...

My package arrived TODAY via Priority Mail. They are located only 50 miles from me, but still.. how do they do that??
11.gif

The quality seems fine too.

I have received orders in 2 days and live 1600 miles away. They really are pleasant to deal with. A+.

+1
They are a great outfit.

Had the same thing happen with 6 of the small mask lights they carry that I ordered from them for some students of mine.
Cheapest option was selected.
Sent priority mail padded envelope. Course it was $120.00 worth of lights.

I buy a number of items from them from time to time that I can't get anywhere else. Them and Piranha. Often they are items that my customers want that are not available local to them and they want with an order from me or the mfg wants me to buy 100 of to get them in from China or Taiwan. Not going to happen with some of that stuff.

Buying from them, paying shipping, and a small mark up on my end is still less than what my students and customers would pay local at their LDS that likely doesn't even sell those items. Or does and marks it up way out of reason. Was in one shop that wanted $15 for a SS bolt snap. Another told a customer of mine that they could sell him two weight belts he could sew together to make a hog harness. That's why he's now my customer.

Same, and I'm in SoCal. DGE is great!

I think it took 2 days for them to ship to Canada.

Fast shipping is nice but the price is what really matters. It is a high voulume, low price business model vs the LDS low volume, high price model. But you do have to sacrifice the DGE cup of coffee.

I've spent a fair amount of $ over the years with DGE, always speeding shipping, great service! Their WWW site is well organized, lots of graphics where you can click on items for a 'magnified' look up close (front and back sides of product), and they incorporate good educational material where relevant so you can choose items intelligently...i.e., good info on all the appropriate O-ring sizes/types/materials. If memory serves, I've only had to request one RMA for a mis-labeled part I got, and they shipped out the correct parts BEFORE I had even returned my incorrect parts.

always like DGE. I try to buy from my LDS' but DGE has hard to find stuff and generally MUCH cheaper. Note to LDS' don't complain about those internet prices when you overcharge by 400%.

Back
Top Bottom