Wetsuit Conundrum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I love diving and my girlfriend is interested in getting into it. The one caveat is that she can't stand something touching the front of her neck. She won't wear a turtle neck, necklace or wetsuit with a tight neck gasket. She can tough it out for a little while but she spends all of her time focusing on the the suit and not the diving.

Is there a type of wetsuit that has more of a V-neck? Does a farmer john style suit stay off your neck? I understand that it will be difficult to keep a tight seal without a neck gasket but we can always avoid colder water.

Waterproof W2 has a neck zipper on the front to relax the suit a bit. Stays pretty low, but you're not going to be able to dive in much water colder than 70F or so without a hood, so keep that in mind. 70 is 5mm territory for most divers.
Waterproof W2 5MM Fullsuit
Good deal there and they have most womens sizes. If you fit the guys sizes they have it's a killer deal for a great suit.

If she has a suit she likes, it's worth sending it to Wetwear to install a zipper in the neck (it's about 4-6 inches) but enough for her to open as needed to avoid that chocking feeling.

You can stretch neoprene too. You can put a scuba tank or something else round to stretch out neck too. Just don't stretch too much.

Cut a v neck into the suit and have the edges aqua sealed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom