2 dip tube Y valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mick allein III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
2 questions::

1. Where can one get a newer Y Valve? (2dip tubes and good hand wheels)

2. Why are they not used? They seem to be better than an H Valve which I imagine has more failure points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) if you find one, tell me.

2) because nobody can find them / nobody makes them anymore.

Tomfcrist search web for Beuchat Y Valves. They're expensive. I was looking for something domestic.

Tomfcrist search web for Beuchat Y Valves. They're expensive. I was looking for something domestic.

Same boat

Having had debris clog my valve's dip tube and stop it from delivering air to all of my three second stages at 80 fsw, I like the idea of dual dip tubes! Of course if I hadn't been lazy and not taken my pony bottle, it wouldn't have mattered. Yes, it is probably a very rare occurrence... but it happened to me (once in 52+ years on SCUBA)

While redundancy and backup are great, you lose part of the benefit if you can not tell when the backup has had to kick in. If you did have two dip tubes, how would you know when one is clogged?

While redundancy and backup are great, you lose part of the benefit if you can not tell when the backup has had to kick in. If you did have two dip tubes, how would you know when one is clogged?

Im having a hard time understanding your thought process. The 2 dip tube y valves have separate dip tubes for each outlet....each outlet is a completely different air path than the other.

If you're talking about yoke Y-valves, I think I still have a couple of them, brand new, never wet. They were leftover stock when a shop bought out the remaining run from the manufacturer. Available for purchase if anyone is interested. I liked them better than H-valves for single tank, overhead diving with a yoke tank. But for DIN, I think the Beauchat ones were the only ones and I haven't seen one in years.

I can't be positive if they had one dip tube or 2 without rummaging through the old bag-o-valves in the basement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom