Occy regs and gauge arrangement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

I recently bought a dive computer with a wireless sender. The only problem is the only HP port left is on the opposite side to the wrist where ill be wearing it. I want to keep my SPG as a back up but dont know about how the transmitter will go at sending the signal through my head!

So i was thinking i could put my occy on the same side as the BC hose and have the transmitter on that side with the old SPG on the RHS with my primary reg.

Is this bad practice to have the occy on the opposite side to the primary reg?

Any suggestions on how to arrange the leads?

It might leave a strange metallic taste in your mouth. You can obviate that by wearing a tin-foil hat, or diver's "Tin Beanie" as we call it here in the states.

If you're worried about distance between the transmitter and the computer, wear the computer on the right forearm rather than the left, and put the transmitter on the RHS HP port. That's the way both my daughter and I set up our gear, and I've found that I prefer the computer on the right.

a certain religion says right side for computer....

Just remember there is a fine line between religion and cult.:wink:

Hi

I recently bought a dive computer with a wireless sender. The only problem is the only HP port left is on the opposite side to the wrist where ill be wearing it. I want to keep my SPG as a back up but dont know about how the transmitter will go at sending the signal through my head!

So i was thinking i could put my occy on the same side as the BC hose and have the transmitter on that side with the old SPG on the RHS with my primary reg.

Is this bad practice to have the occy on the opposite side to the primary reg?

Any suggestions on how to arrange the leads?

G'day Mate!!! As soon as I read the title of your thread I knew you were an Aussie. :cheers: Good question about hose routing that can easily be answered. I run my "occy" and my primary off of my right side like normal and put my transmitter in the HP port on the right as well keeping my SPG on the left which I clip off to my lower left d'ring (I dive a BP&W - just an FYI). I like having my computer on my right wrist so that I can operate my low pressure inflator and watch my computer at the same time. It works great for me being a new diver. I found that rather than complicating things by looking up at my computer which throws off my trim, I can ascend much easier by having my computer right in front of me while my power inflater is proper position to either add or dump gas depending on what I need at the moment.

1-Put the Tx on whatever HP port you have open.
2-Put dive computer on whichever hand you prefer.
3-Dive.

You can put the transmitter on the end of a hose just like an SPG, using the same double-O-ring spool. That also makes it less likely that the transmitter will be used as a handle. 9" long HP hoses are available.

I did that too. A few days after installing the hose, I was pulling my rig out of the back of my truck and caught the transmitter on something. The hose took up all the stress and I did not break my transmitter. Make sure you put the spool in the end of the hose or it will blow out the o'ring. My wife and I did 4" hoses...it's kind of funny, the fittings make up more of the setup than the hose does...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom