Concerned Scuba.com shopper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clernix

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a really good deal on a photo light at Scuba.com. It was $100 cheaper than all other cites online. They sent me an email and the tone of the email seemed to show a lack of customer service so I did a review search on them.

I could not find one good review for the last two years. Terms like bait and switch or deceptive business practices were all I could find. I really need to count on the delivery of the torch for an upcoming trip so I am concerned.

Have some of the board members had positive experiences with Scuba.com? Should I be concerned if all I have between the given delivery date and my date of departure is 8 days?

Can't offer any reassurance unfortunately, the only dealing I've had with them was not inspiring. Good luck though, hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones.

I have used them a few times and never had any issues, always got what I ordered when they said it would come.

It's a tossup depending on what you get and what they decide to have in stock.
Game of chance. There are plenty of other sites that do what they do and stock what they stock.

And those sites do it much better because you know what's in stock before they charge your card. They confirm changes to your order before they charge your card.
Scuba.com does none of those.

I would shop there now for Christmas presents, but still have a back-up plan....

Ouch. The item I ordered was out of stock and on back order. Well one common theme of all the bad reviews was the fact that they got their money back. So I'll just hope for the best. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I just got a really good deal on a photo light at Scuba.com. It was $100 cheaper than all other cites online. They sent me an email and the tone of the email seemed to show a lack of customer service so I did a review search on them.

I could not find one good review for the last two years. Terms like bait and switch or deceptive business practices were all I could find. I really need to count on the delivery of the torch for an upcoming trip so I am concerned.

Have some of the board members had positive experiences with Scuba.com? Should I be concerned if all I have between the given delivery date and my date of departure is 8 days?

Ready. Fire. Aim!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom