POLL: Do you regularly carry a emergency signaling device ?

Do you regularly carry an emergency signaling device ?

• No, or only in certain situations

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Yes, only a safety sausage

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Yes, a strobe or battery operated signaling device

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Yes, a safety sausage and a battery operated signaling device

Votes: 33 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snausages!

I carry an SMB and spool on almost all dives. It lives in my pocket. When we travel and dive off boats, I have a DiveAlert in my pocket (has come in handy!), and when we went to the Socorros, which are about as remote as we've ever been, we had Nautilus Lifelines.

I carry an SMB and spool on almost all dives. It lives in my pocket. When we travel and dive off boats, I have a DiveAlert in my pocket (has come in handy!), and when we went to the Socorros, which are about as remote as we've ever been, we had Nautilus Lifelines.

I second what Lynn says! An SMB and spool is in my pocket on all dives, even the local quarry. In anything outside of the quarry, I have a dive alert clipped in my pocket. I may start putting it in my pocket even on quarry dives. I can see scenarios where even at the quarry, getting everyone's attention quickly in an emergency would be very advantageous.

SS/spool/mirror 100% of time--------never leave the boat without them........

SMB/reel on essentially all dives. Also have air horn on inflator hose. Also have a device that depolys to a 30 ft floating orange streamer in pocket. Depending on dive location may add a strobe. Always have a light.

SMB/spool live in my dry suit pocket (although I don't take them on a cave dive!). I answered that I also have a battery operated signal light which is not literally the truth but since on every non-cave dive I have both the SMB/spool and a 21W can light I figure that will suffice as a signal light.

Carry SMB and light on every dive, can light on almost every dive. Carry emergency pocket containing: big yellow carter SMB, signaling mirror, Jotron strobe, storm whistle, spare spool, DiveAlert, LM 2w light, air horn and sun hat on all open ocean boat dives. Am considering buying a rescue streamer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom