Scuba Cylinder Caddy/Carrier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolflegresley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Good Day Scuba Board!

I'm about to be moving into a hotel for approx 2 months in a somewhat busy scuba area in Canada (Ottawa). The issue I'm facing is that I will have to bring my 4 scuba tanks from the ground floor all the way to my room way up high - I'm looking to invest in a sort of "cylinder dolly". Is there anything out there that would fill this bill?

I've searched so far and have found a few spots that will do custom orders in the area of $400 - I have a hard time dropping that kind of cash on something that I wont even get to test before purchasing.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

If you've got a car, I'd leave them in the trunk.... If not, I'd ask the hotel staff if they have a storage area where you could stash the cylinders. If you're going to use a particular shop for your diving, perhaps they would store your cylinders...

I'd do about anything to avoid lugging them back and forth from a room. In a pinch, just purchase a cheap two wheel dolly and take them up and down (I'm assuming elevator, not stairs) two at a time. I've transported my tanks via two wheeled dolly many times.

Jim

Hotel? They usually have luggage dollies, right? That's what I've used when traveling with my tanks. Worst case, you may want something to prevent rolling. Roll control or the fun noodle ladder style would work. I use a couple of pieces of thick packing foam with tank cutouts.

Thanks for your advice guys - I asked the hotel about their storage room and they informed me that they will not guarantee that my stuff wont get damaged/stolen.

As much as I'd love to leave them in the car I would loose my trunk for the 45 days and that might work until we finally move out into our house, but on the same line I love that utility cart - its also easier to sell the idea to the wife because she can use it for garden stuff when its not on SCUBA duty.

Hotel luggage dolly, been there, done that. Just be sure to have the usual watertight totes so any wet gear you bring back won't leave a trail.

I love that utility cart - its also easier to sell the idea to the wife because she can use it for garden stuff when its not on SCUBA duty.

Go for the Utility Cart ... Happy Wife equals more dive time for you. :D

Hotel? They usually have luggage dollies, right?

This... or ask the hotel/bell staff if they have a utility cart or something you can use as needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom