Where do you carry it??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Being a new diver, I am still aquiring new gear and all the little items that I see more experience divers have.

Now the question comes to me of where do I put all this stuff?

I just recently picked up a small dive light (Tec40), a sea sausage and some shears (in stead of a dive knife).

Where are the recommended placed to attach or mount these items? I have a regular vest style BC (weight integrated), and an octo.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Jeff

Backup lights:clipped on harness D-rings with a boltsnap
Shears: In a sheath on the waist strap.
SMB/lift bag: If your BC has a pocket, clip it off there. If not, and you want a pocket, consider an exposure suit pocket like 5thD sells.

I would either stick them in a pocket, in the case of the sausage, mount them on a strap, in the case of the shears (i still have to put some holes in my harness to mount my knife) and on the shoulder strap, in the case of the light. Alternatively you can put the light in a pocket (depends how often you use it really) and mount the shear on your arm or leg if you feel like it - also depends on the various mounting options it came with, but we dont know that. I am still trying to put things together with my rig, but for now i have most things in those kind of places. If you need the light but not in your hand, then some place close by or where you can get it easily. The sausage is only really deployed at the end of the dive, so doesnt need ready access, hence bottom of pocket. Just watch out where you put shears of a knife in case of potential places to cut yourself, including gashing your hoses for your octo etc or stabbing your BC.

Small torch - in BC pocket.
Main torch on a lockable retractor clipped to right shoulder d-ring of BC
DSMB - dry suit thigh pocket. Reel clipped to lower left D-ring of BC
Knife - left inside thigh and smaller one BC hose.
Octo clipped to a holder on left side of BC

String:
Small torch - in BC pocket.
Main torch on a lockable retractor clipped to right shoulder d-ring of BC
DSMB - dry suit thigh pocket. Reel clipped to lower left D-ring of BC
Knife - left inside thigh and smaller one BC hose.
Octo clipped to a holder on left side of BC

All good advice. Just make sure that you are as streamlined as possible. You don't want to damage any Coral or your new gear.

Here is what I do.

Backup light clipped off to left shoulder D-ring and kept snug up against the shoulder strap with innertubing.

SMB and spool clipped off in right thigh pocket of drysuit.

Backup shears clipped off in left thigh pocket of drysuit.

B/U mask clipped off in left thigh pocket of drysuit.

Small knife on waist strap.

Primary light - cannister light mounted on right side of waist strap with the light head clipped off to the right D-Ring.

No danglies and nothing is loose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom