Mares V16 Proton Metal Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmstroud:
Can anyone tell me if the Mares V16 proton Metal can be converted to Nitrox?

Contrary to what Mares's attorneys wrote in the manual, it is fine to use for mixes up to 40%.

If you choose to use higher percentages mixes, then you need to have the O-rings and other soft parts replaced with those designed for oxygen service. You should also only use oxygen compatible lubes.

Greg

So what your telling me is anything under 40% is fine and there is nothing I need to change before diving as long as i stay below 40% correct?

wmstroud:
So what your telling me is anything under 40% is fine and there is nothing I need to change before diving as long as i stay below 40% correct?

The regulator comes from the factory good to go up to 40%. Mares doesn't reccommend putting higher mixes in it, but the honest truth is that very few people use the higher mixes anyway. I wouldn't use this for a Deco bottle. As long as you use the reg only on nitrox set ups, you will be fine. Just remember to tell your service tech that it is for nitrox at your next overhaul so he uses christo lube instead of silicone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom