U/W mp3 player

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stivo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/p_mp3player.html

i'm sure there are upsides to having an underwater stereo system, but frankly a lot of divers seem too distracted already...

maybe if you're having to endure long deco stops... however for recreational divers if they are bored underwater, they probably shouldn't be there in the first place!

i thought about buying this mp3 player, not that i find diving boring, but i like to have music everywhere, but i think it might scare the fish, although it might be a way of getting enquisitive dolphins in for a closer look, as they seems to like to see what's what

Oh dear god no!

I like to have music playing, but not when I'm diving. I also wouldn't want a buddy who was perhaps too distracted by the music, not paying attention to me.

Sure they would be good if you have to endure long deco stops, but I don't, so I don't want one.

I'm sure there may be the odd person who wants to flame me for this, and fair enough, go ahead, but I'd prefer to not have any u/w music. How would you hear the jokes the fish tell? :wink:

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

Seems to be an interesting toy. Perhaps for lap swimming but for scuba.. you'd have to be pretty bored to want this. However for long deco you can't deny it could be useful.

Playing "Jaws" theme constantly would be an dumb joke. :wink:

I like the peaceful background hum when I'm diving so I'd skip on the mp3 player but I'm tempted to get one for swimming laps in the pool as I get bored just looking at the tiles the whole time

sorry for the repeat... i did a search but didn't see any results initially... my bad

from what i've seen, the unit is fairly cumbersome... not something swimmers could really take advantage of.

as for diving though, as a matter of safety, i would say it's not a good idea. hell, just look at how people drive when talking on a cell phone or changing the radio. imagine a diver damaging a fragile fan or coral formation because they are trying to cue up the 'apocalypse now' soundtrack. i see enough of that already without additional distractions. recreational divers should have enough interesting things underwater to keep them occupied already.

Back
Top Bottom