Mounting canister light to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a HID canister light. Any suggestions how to mount it to a Aqualung Balance BC?

kalekainxx:
I just got a HID canister light. Any suggestions how to mount it to a Aqualung Balance BC?

Which is essentially a Balance for chicks.

We put my back up cannister (a Sartek) on the tank band. I had to fashion a Halcyon-style "belt loop" out of some 2" webbing - but she uses it every time we dive together, and it works great. She can't reach back to turn it on or off, but no biggie, really.

If I was still wearing my Balance, I'd get a hot nail, burn some tiny holes into the right side above / behind the weight right pocket, spin in a couple of stainless split rings into the holes and just clip it there.

Or you could keep the Balance in the trunk, get a BP/W.... errr nevermind. :wink:

---
Ken

Use a seperate web belt, aka, a weight belt without weight. Place one of those stainless steel weight retainers on the right side of the belt near the hip, slide the light onto the belt so it's positioned against the retainer and then just slid another buckle up against the light to hold it in place.

Back
Top Bottom