Equipment advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm new here, so if this is posted in the wrong place, my apologies up front.
I'm new to diving and have found that just like everything else, you can spend what you want. Several friends and my instructor reccomend Scubapro brand equipment. From reading various posts on this forum, it seems Scubapro is a good brand. I'm currently leaning toward a Classic Plus w/air2 BCD and the M25/600 series regs. Any thoughts on these?
Thanks,
David

There are a lot of thoughts on the Air2, and most people around here feel they're inconvenient and possibly dangerous. Use the search tool up top and you'll find lots of threads about it.

The Mk25/S600 is well regarded, though.

I have both the MK25/S600 regs (6) as well as (the other highly regarded brand of reg) a pair of Apeks ATX200's. You won't go wrong with either reg. I've heard there are problems with the S600's free flowing in cold temps, but recently I found myself diving in air temps around 18 F. and had no problem with my Scubapros.

I agree with Jonnythan about the Air2.

The classic plus is a good entry level BCD.

Back
Top Bottom