Question about Halcyon...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeddah Aquanaut:
Hi,

I've been looking for pricing on Halcyon Diver's Notebook, featured in March '05 of Sport Diver. Halcyon's own website had no pricing. Any ideas?

You have to go through an LDS that's a Halcyon dealer or online. Fifth-D in Seattle is a major online dealer, www.fifthd.com , here's the link to the halcyon notebook, which they sell for $50- http://tinyurl.com/6rmtf

The notebook is cool and all, but wetnotes are almost as effective and are only about $15-.

Mel

melfox26:
The notebook is cool and all, but wetnotes are almost as effective and are only about $15-.

Mel

the key there is 'almost'. I have not had wetnotes outlast a single season. I end up with a bunch of loose, unused pages for the 5-6 pages that get used within one season. So for $45, the break-even point is 3 years. I have to believe that the H notebook will last more...

T

trob09:
the key there is 'almost'. I have not had wetnotes outlast a single season. I end up with a bunch of loose, unused pages for the 5-6 pages that get used within one season. So for $45, the break-even point is 3 years. I have to believe that the H notebook will last more...

I use DuraRite notebooks. I got them 3 years ago or so, maybe 4... I dunno. The only thing that happened was the spiral rusted out, but I re-strung it with cave line and it's still going strong.

edit: oh... and... $5.15 a piece

Spectre:
I use DuraRite notebooks. I got them 3 years ago or so, maybe 4... I dunno. The only thing that happened was the spiral rusted out, but I re-strung it with cave line and it's still going strong.

edit: oh... and... $5.15 a piece

Thanks, I sort of made my own. Got a bunch of Kimdura (the plastic/paper in wet notes) and bound them with the plastic spiral binder we have at work.

Now that all my tanks and regs are serviced in my PFO Down-time, I might try my hand at making a nylon cover...

yeah, the halcyon is about $50.00

what i like about it is that it has a "bookmarker" that you can use to simplify
things under water; also, the nifty plastic pocket on the outside can accomodate
a dive-table (if you cut the unecessary stuff from the edges).

i'm just not good at making stuff, but i can see someone who is doing the same thing
for a lot less.

And the pencil loops are nice too!

Does anyone actually make table that will fit in it?
Couldn't even find anything on EE, Halcyon, or GUE's sites.

grunzster:
Does anyone actually make table that will fit in it?

not that i know of. i had to trim the edges off a regular dive table
to make it fit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom