Which one (regulator) is the best ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For recreational diving for cold and warm water ( air/nitrox )

Mares mr12 proton
Mares mr12 rebel
Sherwood Magnum
Genesis gs2000

If you guys have better recomandation for the same money
I will be happy to read you !

thank you

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AbyssMR22
I've used the Mares Abyss for couple of years now. From the warm water of the Red Sea to our Canadian water. Always performed flawlessly and never freeflowed even during the winter off Nova Scotia. Breathes the same regardless whether 5 or 50 meter. Solid, simple, reliable and hard to beat for this price.
I've bought from Larry and he's a very nice guy to deal with. :wink:

I'm personally an Apex fan. You can take it from open water to technical and be proud. It's definately in the same price range. I would look at an Apeks ATX50.

aquaoren:
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=AbyssMR22
I've used the Mares Abyss for couple of years now. From the warm water of the Red Sea to our Canadian water. Always performed flawlessly and never freeflowed even during the winter off Nova Scotia. Breathes the same regardless whether 5 or 50 meter. Solid, simple, reliable and hard to beat for this price.
I've bought from Larry and he's a very nice guy to deal with. :wink:

I'll second that. My Abyss/MR22 never let me down, although I haven't put it through the range of dives Aquaoren has.

apeks, DS4, atx50. There is a reason it's one of the tech divers regs of choice. Simple, reliable, and not too expensive.

Wow, you can buy a DS4 and atx50 for around $250?

If I remember correctly scuba toys had a new Abyss/MR22 for about that under specials.

Michael Freeman:
Wow, you can buy a DS4 and atx50 for around $250?

If I remember correctly scuba toys had a new Abyss/MR22 for about that under specials.

opps, just looked it up. It is $289 for the Abyss/MR22 under specials.

I can buy a DS4/atx50 for about $400cdn new, so really not that far off. Worth spending a few more bucks as far as I'm concerned.

bcsean:
I can buy a DS4/atx50 for about $400cdn new, so really not that far off. Worth spending a few more bucks as far as I'm concerned.
Just out of curiousity, what didn't you like when you tried the Mares MR/22 Abyss and why would the Apeks DS4/atx50 be superior in your opinion?

Back
Top Bottom