Serious question about cleaning booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kulot

Registered
Reaction score
I know that this might not sound like a serious question, but it is.

How do you get rid of the awful damp odor that permeates in booties even after they've dried off? I've tried running water, water with mild liquid detergent, stuffing them with newspaper while they're drying, and all these things combined.

I'd really appreciate a serious reply. Thanks.

You need a deodorizer of some sort... over here, our shops sell Sink The Stink that works really well. Head to your shop and see if they sell something similar... a BC/wetsuit Deodorizer or something like that.

jonnythan:
You need a deodorizer of some sort... over here, our shops sell Sink The Stink that works really well. Head to your shop and see if they sell something similar... a BC/wetsuit Deodorizer or something like that.

Thanks! I'll go look for some. :)

Mix a little bit of mouthwash and water together and fill each bootie and let them set for a bit and then rinse.

So true, Tamas, so true !!!
But if you use mouthwash, your sweetie won't mind sucking your big toe after you take your booties off !!!

Goldcore booties don't hold any smell. Nor do their wetsuits.

Well, I suppose the vinegar, if added with a bit of oil, would be a perfect dressing for that little fungus/mushroom salad growing between the toes !!! :l:

Back
Top Bottom