Nasty yellow smear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saying

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I glued a pocket onto my 3mm last night, but I kindof overestimated the area of the pocket on the drysuit side, resulting in about a 1/4 inch smear of dried Aquaseal along the length of one side of the pocket on the neoprene.

Obviously doesn't affect anything, but it's a grody looking smear.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Will the salt water just eventually take care of it? (I doubt it... that would kinda defeat the purpose of the aquaseal, wouldn't it?) On my 7mm I had a similar, slight misjudgment, but I just covered that with a sharpie. Not an option with this suit as it's glued to an area that's all grey and silver and such.

saying:
So I glued a pocket onto my 3mm last night, but I kindof overestimated the area of the pocket on the drysuit side, resulting in about a 1/4 inch smear of dried Aquaseal along the length of one side of the pocket on the neoprene.

Obviously doesn't affect anything, but it's a grody looking smear.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Will the salt water just eventually take care of it? (I doubt it... that would kinda defeat the purpose of the aquaseal, wouldn't it?) On my 7mm I had a similar, slight misjudgment, but I just covered that with a sharpie. Not an option with this suit as it's glued to an area that's all grey and silver and such.

Use a blowtorch and a paint scraper, AquaSeal comes right off when superheated. :D

If it's a really thick smear you might have to live with it.

please post a photo..

saying:
On my 7mm I had a similar, slight misjudgment, but I just covered that with a sharpie. Not an option with this suit as it's glued to an area that's all grey and silver and such.

They do make silver and grey Sharpies. I have a silver one I used for putting my initials onto the inside of my black dive boots.

MEK is a pretty good solvent for Aqua Seal or get Cotol from your dive shop.

Scott

You could always glue some neoprene strips on the places with excessive glue. You might even start a new pocket fashion -- pockets with surrounds. :)

Carbon

Although I'm always partial to any solution involving a blowtorch or a chainsaw, I might instead try to stain the smear the colour of the drysuit, perhaps with a 'permanent' marker.

Back
Top Bottom