Shop 'techie' training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warthog

Registered
Reaction score
As I'm a diabetic, I can't dive professionally, nor do I really have a lot of interest in training students. However, my whole family is avid divers, so I've chosen to go the ‘techie’ route for my area of expertise. We own a dive shop, and I'm already certified to work on Mares/Dacor equipment and a PSI Visual Cylinder Inspector. However, we get a lot of other types of equipment coming through the shop (which we sub-contract now), and I’d like to be certified to work on the compressor (it broke down at the worst possible time last summer).

I received an email advertising the “Career Institute at Hall’s” courses. One of which is the “Equipment Repair Tech Training” course. Does anybody have any experience with this course/school? Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Warthog

Some of the compressor manufacturers offer maintenance training on their compressors. Our shop owner recently attended a class and, although it was not cheap, he no longer has to pay others to repair it at their convenience, and he has a good source for parts, materials, tools and information.

You can attend just about any tech seminar for the brands your shop carries and some may allow you to attend if you don't carry their stuff but it's hard to get parts if you don't sell the brand.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom