Looking for a good pocket for a Q40 light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aa777888

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a good pocket for a UK Mini-Q40 light? I'd like it to be not too much larger than the light and able to be attached to 2" harness webbing.

All the Dive-Rite and OMS pockets I looked at are too big.

Thanks,

aa

That looks like it would be a perfect fit (it's pictured with a Q4 in it) BUT it has a metal clip on the back which doesn't look like stainless.

aa777888:
That looks like it would be a perfect fit (it's pictured with a Q4 in it) BUT it has a metal clip on the back which doesn't look like stainless.

Sorry.. didn't notice the metal clip. Thought it was a velcro type. If I see anything else, I'll post it.

--RK

Actually, I strike that last message.

www.holsterdepot.com is the motherload. Any "Ripoff" brand pouch is available with the clip or a nylon belt loop. Unfortunately the belt loop models are all 2 week special order because no one buys them!

Strangely enough, the nice people at Ripoff hooked me up with another souce: www.brightguy.com. He had the UK accessory pouch in basic black for a really cheap price. And a nice selection of lights, too, but I restrained myself :wink:

why not just attach it to your mask strap, or is that not cool? I thought I noticed a bit of a DIR thing going on

Justin699:
why not just attach it to your mask strap, or is that not cool? I thought I noticed a bit of a DIR thing going on

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Noooo, I'm pretty far from DIR! I do use a Jet Harness single tank BP/wing setup and if you saw it I suppose I could be mistaken for a tec or DIR afficianado at a (very far) distance. But in reality it's just my attempt at a very streamlined and minimalistic tropical/recreational dive kit. Maybe I'll go post my setup in that other thread that's going on right now and take my lumps for it over there :wink:

I actually took off the mask attachment the Q40 came with, but then again, I saved it and it's in my dive bag--you never know, I might want to dive it that way someday!

aa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom