Opipions Required (Seaquest,ATX100,DUI,etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjsmith1979

Registered
Reaction score
I am just purchasing my new set of gear and ordering the below :

Drysuit - DUI TLS350 Signature Series with DUI ZipSeals & ZipGloves
BCD - Seaquest Black Diamond with Seaquest AirSource
Reg - Apeks ATX100 or ATX200 or maybe Mares Proton Ice V32
Octy - Seaquest AirSource
Drysuit Undergarment - DUI Polartech 300 Undergarment
Fins - Scubapro Twin Jet Fins (Replacing my Tusa X-pert Zoom Fins)
Mask - Aqualung Mythos 2
Computer - Suunto Vytec with Transmitter

I would like any opipions on any of this gear, if not all the gear. Are there any problems, things that should be changed or known issues with any of this gear. I would really appreciate people's feedback.

Good stuff. All of it. I'm not a big fan of Suunto computers but it's only my opinion. They work great but they are very conservative. On the reg would choose the Apeks over the Mares. One again, my opinion. I've used both and think the Apeks is the better of the two.

Scott

First of all, welcome to our endless shopping world:wink:

Let me guess your diving style based on your gear list. You must be the rec. divers who don't plan to get into the advanced arena. And, you must not concern money issue that much because you mostly picked up the high end gear.

Depending on your goal (just recreational or possibly more advanced in future) in this sports and how much frequently you dive per year, there are other gear that you might be interested in.

Drysuit: One of the best suits in the market. No arguement at all.
Drysuit Undi: Great choice, but DS or softwear can be considered.
Reg: The most high end model. But, I recommend ATX50 or DS4/ATX50 unless you mentioned ScubaPro reg. at all.
Octy: The same 2nd stage with primary reg. But, depending on what style BC you choose, the Octy choice will be followed.
Fins: SP Twin Jet Fins. Good choice for the rec divers, but many advanced divers like the simple “Jet fin.”
Mask: Whatever you like. Eventually, you are going to change it later.
Computer: Great computer. ScubaPro, Aeris, or Oceanic will be alternative in your preference.

BCD: It is the trickiest part. If you intend to move to the more advance stage, you might reconsider this option. Check out BP/W option here. You can get some idea before making decision.

My 2 cent.

Are the Scubapro Regs good ? I have been told by the instructor that I am doing my Divemaster with, that the MK25/S600 Regs are quite good.. how good would these compare to the Apeks ATX100 or ATX200 ?

I have also seen that Uwatec have brought out a new computer - UWatec Smart Tec are these any good ? How would this compare to Suunto Vytecs ???

I am looking at doing some technical diving in the next 1 or 2 years but I dont mind having a seperate BP/W for this and have been told the OMS IQ Pack make a good choice. Does anyone have any of this equipment, has there been any problems or issues or anything that I should know.

Use "Search" function. Your questions have been covered here so many times. I am sure you can't miss anything.

tjsmith1979:
Are the Scubapro Regs good ? I have been told by the instructor that I am doing my Divemaster with, that the MK25/S600 Regs are quite good.. how good would these compare to the Apeks ATX100 or ATX200 ?

I have also seen that Uwatec have brought out a new computer - UWatec Smart Tec are these any good ? How would this compare to Suunto Vytecs ???

I am looking at doing some technical diving in the next 1 or 2 years but I dont mind having a seperate BP/W for this and have been told the OMS IQ Pack make a good choice. Does anyone have any of this equipment, has there been any problems or issues or anything that I should know.

hoosier:
Use "Search" function. Your questions have been covered here so many times. I am sure you can't miss anything.

But then I wont have the fun of asking again will I ???

Take the money you're spending on the wireless transmitter for your Vytec and buy a better drysuit undergarment. 300 weight fleece is only warm down to the mid 50s usually.

And buy a real octo/backup regulator :)

Oh, and get the bp/w now. No point in messing around with some silly BC in the meantime :wink:

jonnythan:
....And buy a real octo/backup regulator :)

jonnythan is right about a real octo/backup regulator. You don't need to go DIR (bungeee second or 7 foot hose on the primary) but a combo air inflator/octo has some limitations. For example, you're in a OOA situation and your buddy's on your primary. You need to inflate you BC but where's that damn inflator ... oops it's in your mouth. Besides, a second regulator or octo might be cheaper than an AIR 2 or similar unit.

I have a Sunnto computer and couldn't be happier, and the Apeks ATX-200 its a great reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom