Suunto Vytec vs Oceanic Atom vs Scubapro Smart Tec vs Suunto D9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjsmith1979

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested in buying a new dive computer at the moment. I have been doing some research of my own but have got this down to these 4 options that have wireless tank information, multiple gas switching from 21% to aleast 99% and pc downloadable.

I was hoping for owners or users of any of these computers to give me some feedback on these dive computers and which one they would purchase and why ? I am also looking for people that have had any problems or issues not only while diving but maintenance also, with these computers ??

tjsmith1979:
I am interested in buying a new dive computer at the moment. I have been doing some research of my own but have got this down to these 4 options that have wireless tank information, multiple gas switching from 21% to aleast 99% and pc downloadable.

I was hoping for owners or users of any of these computers to give me some feedback on these dive computers and which one they would purchase and why ? I am also looking for people that have had any problems or issues not only while diving but maintenance also, with these computers ??

Vytec is the best deal on the street now. Between May 1st and July 31st you can get an instant $300 bucks off a Vytec if you enroll in any course or trade in an old computer working or not.

cheers

jds

JS1scuba:
Vytec is the best deal on the street now. Between May 1st and July 31st you can get an instant $300 bucks off a Vytec if you enroll in any course or trade in an old computer working or not.

cheers

jds

Are you kidding !!! Does this have to be done by your Local Dive Store or can you claim back the money even if you buy this from the Online Dive Store once you have completed the course ? Do you have all the details about this offer ? That offer is simply too good to pass up !

tjsmith1979:
Are you kidding !!! Does this have to be done by your Local Dive Store or can you claim back the money even if you buy this from the Online Dive Store once you have completed the course ? Do you have all the details about this offer ? That offer is simply too good to pass up !
Please don't take offense, but this sounds like a badly written used car lot commercial. Hurry on down!!!

tjsmith1979:

No not kidding at all.

http://www.aqualung.com/computer_trade_in.html

And no you cant buy it from an on-line store as this offer is from Aqualung and only from Aqualung Authorized dealers. The issue the instant rebate in the store.

It's a great deal. We sold 6 units on Saturday in our retail store.

You can find an aqualung dealer on the Aqualung website

Regards

vladimir:
Please don't take offense, but this sounds like a badly written used car lot commercial. Hurry on down!!!

No I am just surprised that they have reduced the Vytec $300 down when it is so reasonably priced at the moment... do you know anything about this offer ??

vladimir:

No more offense than you intended it to be. My company Scuba Training and Technology Inc. is a full service PDC and we are an Aqua Lung, Suunto, Apeks etc dealer. We are not allowed to sell these units in our webstore. But when there is a great deal available it's our responsiblity to let you guys know about it. Whether you come into my store or buy it or buy it from another authorized dealer makes no difference to me. When you can save $300 bucks on a top end unit with a factory warranty I just think you should know about it.

Cheers ......

JS1scuba:
No not kidding at all.

http://www.aqualung.com/computer_trade_in.html

And no you cant buy it from an on-line store as this offer is from Aqualung and only from Aqualung Authorized dealers. The issue the instant rebate in the store.

It's a great deal. We sold 6 units on Saturday in our retail store.

You can find an aqualung dealer on the Aqualung website

Regards

Jez... Thanks for that. So what is your best price for a Vytec & Transmitter then at the moment ?

tjsmith1979:

My wife has a hoseless vytec. I got it from Divetank.com for just over $800 last Christmas. It came with an Otter case and spare o rings and batteries. She loves it.

Here is a deal that is still going on at sportextreme. They are selling a vytec and transmitter for $837. If you buy one make sure you send the serial numbers for the computer and transmitter to Suunto (you can do it in the customer service area of Suunto's website) and ask them when they were manufactured. I know Suunto changed the transmitter slightly over the last year. You want to be sure you are buying the current models. After all $837 is a boat load of money. sportextreme.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom