Cheap seadoo vs off of ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IaDiverJ&L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been seeing Seadoo VS scooters for under $ 200, NEW on Ebay. I Just bought one off Ebay (from a San Diago dive shop) for $400 with a spare battery. The guy has over 20 of them for under $200. I just have a bad feeling about it (to good to be true) I use PayPal and they cover fraud for up to $1000, but still! I do feel good for buying it from a dive shop, our local DS does not sell any scooters. I love it, tried it out in a local Lake (bad vis (5 feet). It will be good to try it in the ocean (shore diveing) get out in deeper water to put fins on, instead of being tossed in the waves. (Hate them double sand bars from some shores dives ! Perfect for tha Ft Lauderdale shore dives.

I looked at the same things, the ones that go for $400 are made by daka International Limited and carry the Sea-doo emblem on them. They are called "Sea-doo Seascooter Supercharged VS". The cheap ones are not made by daka and they do not say sea-doo anywhere on them. I have no idea what the differences would be in quality, but there are differences in the manufacturers.

Chris

scubachris82:
I looked at the same things, the ones that go for $400 are made by daka International Limited and carry the Sea-doo emblem on them. They are called "Sea-doo Seascooter Supercharged VS". The cheap ones are not made by daka and they do not say sea-doo anywhere on them. I have no idea what the differences would be in quality, but there are differences in the manufacturers.

Don't think so. Fairly sure that Daka Designs/Daka Development has designed all the Sea-Doo branded scooters, including the inflatable and the snorkeling-only one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom