Was this a good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agillespey

Reaction score
My instructor in Open Water Certification at the end let me buy a few pieces of his equipment that he had extras of. Let me start off by saying that the instructor was a very nice man, who makes alot of money and doesn't mind helping out a new diver, because he can. That being said i dont think he is trying to mislead me in any way.

I purchased the following equipment for $1200.00

1- Used (he dove with this BC often) Dive Rite Trans Pac II with Air2, has many weight pouches, clips etc. Its used but in very good shape.

2- Slightly used Atomic Titanium T1 Regulators, with Mini Scubapro pressure gauges attached(new). He included the custom fit mouth pieces with each regulator. One of the regulators has a bit of green corrosion on the 1st stage wire mesh in the valve. Although he said it wasnt a problem but that within the next year we should get them serviced. He said he dove with each on 2 twice and they look brand new.

He threw in a couple old Dive Knives and a few other things he thought would be useful to us.

From what i have read the BC is pretty good and the Reg's are top of the line. It seems like a generous deal but i just wanted to make sure before i say positively yes to the deal.

new, the T1 is about $900, the pressure gauges are about
$70 each (if i am thinking of the right ones), and the Transpac is $300

not sure why the first stage would be corroded after only 2 dives, i'd get that serviced, but even after that, it looks like a good deal..

If you are talking about the filter inside the first stage that is green it is because it has had water in it, can be easily fixed by standard servicing. Have the gear serviced before you use it. Sound like a great deal.

Yea, you probably paid full retail for used gear. Could have done it new for a bit less and gotten a warranty... but at least it's nice stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom