sherwood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slipslop

Reaction score
in my local dive magazine, there is an advert for sherwood equipment.
the stuff looks good and its half the price of anything else. does anyone
know this brand? is it any good?

slipslop:
in my local dive magazine, there is an advert for sherwood equipment.
the stuff looks good and its half the price of anything else. does anyone
know this brand? is it any good?

I own the Sherwood Wisdom dive computer. So far it's been great. My wife has their regs and she hasn't had problems either. I believe they make good stuff.

Sherwood makes bomb proof regulators. I don't know anything about their other products.

R..

I have been diving a Sherwood Brut regulator for 10 years and do a lot of beach diving, so it gets pretty roughed up. It's like a Timex- takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

Actually, throughout the Sherwood - Genesis product line... they make very little equipment themselves. Most everything comes from other vendors, and they just slap their name on it. For example a Sherwood Wisdom is simply an Aeris Atmos AI turned on it's side with a slightly different display. Palegic, (Aeris & Oceanic) make all the sherwood and genesis computers. Sherwood BC's come from Sheiko, etc.

But it is a good line - they don't buy the junky stuff - it's all pretty good... But price wise, it's really no different than aeris, oceanic, mares, tusa.. etc. Might come in a bit cheaper than a top of the line zeagle or scubapro reg - but overall - it's one of the good solid "B" lines of gear.

Now for me, I'd always rather buy from the parent company... so if getting a computer, and the display made no difference to me... I'd buy the Aeris instead of the Sherwood. If anything happens to the computer, I send it directly to Oakland, CA and they send it back. With sherwood, I have to send it to Atlanta, then they ship it to california where they fix it, send it back to atlanta, then back to me.

But overall - Sherwood equipment will do fine.

Ditto all of the above statements about the quality. Although I don't dive Sherwood, I am a service tech for their equipment. I've service a lot of their gear in the last 13 years and don't recall any of it being serviced due to a failure.

I have used Sherwood Regs (Blizzard and Brut) and BCs (Avid) for a few years. Great reliable, durable gear.

Cheers.

Sherwood is a gigantic maker of regulators for almost every other industry, so they're not a little company. Their gear is fine.

scubatoys:
Actually, throughout the Sherwood - Genesis product line... they make very little equipment themselves. Most everything comes from other vendors, and they just slap their name on it.
Yeah... except, as jonny indicates, Sherwood regulators -- and tank valves -- are made by Sherwood, right?

Though they've been in the scuba valve and regulator business for a very long time, scuba is just a small part of their product line; they make a wide range of gas valve equipment. Certainly well-qualified.

Slipslop wasn't asking specifically about Sherwood regs, but...

Sherwood regs aren't comparatively expensive, but they're also not half the price of others on the average... how about their other stuff?

If a store carries Sherwood and, say, Atomic exclusively, I could see how you could get that impression. A Sherwood Maximus will be a lot cheaper than an Atomic T1..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom