purchasing equipment saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mels_2

Reaction score
my husband and i are both purchasing full set up on saturday, It will be an expensive day. We already have fins, masks, snorkels, boots, gloves, and gear bags now we are purchasing the rest we have 3 packages to choose from the one we like has the following, since we are new we don't know if this is a good price. we have experience with them since this is the same equipment we rented. Can you give us some guidence with this, is it a good price?

Atomic b2
atomic z1 octo
digital spg, computer and compass console
30 lbs of lead weight
oceanic probe w/ lp hose weight integrated (provided it has a good fit)
2 aluminum tanks 80 or 63 (i'll get the 63 he will get the 80)
8mm semi dry polar extreme
comes with gloves, bag and local dive books (which we may opt out ofsince we have gloves and bags and only will use 1 set of books)

roughly $2835 includng tax

Mels2 where do you live in Mass if you don't mind me asking?? and is that a price for both?

I about had a heart attack when I read 30 lbs of lead but then I noticed the 8mm suit. Still might be too much. Didn't know that anybody made a 8mm suit.

I sure hope that is for two setups!! At either rate, not a bad setup.

Well,

Can't argue with the regulator choices. That's good stuff.

I don't like consoles much.. heavy, clumsy, and hang down in places you don't want them. I also wouldn't want a digital SPG but that's personal preference. A big dial is just simple and easy to read.

Lead is lead.

I don't know anything about those BCs, though I am no longer fond of weight intergrated units. I prefer a weight belt or other forms of weights.

Is the AL80 too big for you or are you just trying to match bottom time? 2 AL80s would be more versatile in the long run, and would give the pair of you more cushion for error should you encouter an underwater emergency.

That Pinnacle Semi-Dry is what I wanted. Good choice.

If that price is for 2 complete setups, it's not too bad. If that's each, I'd let it ride.

LDS is going to love you guys........hang around on this board a little longer until you hear of ScubaToys, or one of the other online dealers.

jonnythan:
That's way too much for each of you.

Completely agree. You could get FAR better gear for half that price. They are ripping you off. Those suits are $589 each though.. so do have to consider that. How much are those Atomic regs?

That price is sky high if it's for each set of gear... I would shop around quite a bit more. What shop offered you that deal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom