Give me some input on this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biglahou

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking to see who would know the best, who makes the best BC and what model,
Who makes the best regulator, and what model.

Also who makes the best computer, wrist only w/remote, and what model.

I live in Idaho, will do lots of cold water dives, also part of search and rescue, where i will probablly do some recoveries.

But I also want gear that will go great in tropical as well, I do not like gear that is clutering me up as I dive.

I have always been for suba pro, but was told best bc is Aqua Lung, and best requlator was scuba pro.

So give me some help someone.

You can do search and rescue with less than 50 dives? Wow!

Asking who makes the best BC and who makes the best regulator is like asking who makes the best car, or who builds the best house. There is LOTS of excellent gear out there.

ScubaPro makes nice regulators, So does AquaLung, Atomic, and Apeks. I think if you poke around much, you'll find that many technical divers prefer simple, durable gear and stay away from a lot of the fancy stuff.

As for a BC, you'll likely be in a backplate and wing if you want to do S&R. Look into products from Halcyon, Dive Rite, OMS, Oxycheq, and a few others I am sure people will mention.

If you like that "clean and uncluttered" type of setup, look into DIR style diving. It's about as clean as you can get. There is a forum section just for that under the Technical section. I believe there is also a S&R area on here.

Good luck!

Not that I have the experiance for s&r but will be going through some training, will not do heavy recovery, it will mostly be finding bodys, or getting bodys out of the water, if needed. Really hope I dont half to, but their is really no cetified divers here.

Thanks for the input perroneford, will look at those, the outlet stores in my area, are scuba pro, aqua lung oceanic, so I want to stay with those, as so if I have a problem, I can take it back to have it serviced by them.

SP has free parts for life if warranty & maintenance is followed. It can add up after a few years. And as for doing any training, I think the more the better.

biglahou:
Thanks for the input perroneford, will look at those, the outlet stores in my area, are scuba pro, aqua lung oceanic, so I want to stay with those, as so if I have a problem, I can take it back to have it serviced by them.

Given those options, I'd go with the ScubaPro Mk25, even though I own an Oceanic now.

I have to agree on the Scuba Pro - my whole family dives Scuba Pro regs and the guys use their BCs. My daughter and I use Oceanic as the dive shop didn't have any SP ladies models when we got our gear. I will probably get an SP BC when I need a new one. And absolutely Jet Fins or Twin Jets.

But like Perrone said everyone will have a different opinion

Becky

We sell a lot of Zeagle Packages to fire and police depts for their search and rescue teams. I think ScottZeagle likes those too... I forget.. either Zeagle or Mares... can't remember which. :wink:

I do like the mk25, what about the secondary, the mouth reg, between the x650, x600, s600, s550.

The bc I was looking at is the glide plus. just dont know if it will be good enough for recovery bc, the other bc I am looking at is the pro xlt by aqua lung.
Both give good clearance in the front, with most of the bc on the bac or sides, dont like the vest bc at all.

The 550 is just a 600 without the adjustment... and I don't know what kind of water temps and conditions you are going to be in. One reason we get the SAR guys asking for the zeagle regs is the environmentally sealed 1st stages - but you could get the 25 sealed... just a bit more of a pain in the butt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom