how long do your wetsuits last you guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just bought a cressi wetsuit 2 months ago. its like gone thru 14 dives and it seems to be wearing out pretty quick especially in joints. is this normal? im wondering if the thickness of the neoprene plays a role in its durability?

wow, that means it wouldn't last the week on a liveaboard, huh? Mayby it is too tight and you are stressing the material, it is all just a guess, I have a 3mm that is in it's 4th season and doing fine, maybe 100 dives.

Drying the suit in the Sun will make it break down faster. I also have seen Commerical divers place the Hood of a KMB-10-14 in a dryer to dry it before the next scheduled dive. The Hoods only last about a month of diving before they breakdown.
Drying a suit out of the sun and very hot areas the suit will last a good 5-6yrs. B-

Diversauras:
wow, that means it wouldn't last the week on a liveaboard, huh? Mayby it is too tight and you are stressing the material, it is all just a guess, I have a 3mm that is in it's 4th season and doing fine, maybe 100 dives.

i am using a 3mm suit, fit is fine i guess i can credit the excessive wearing to diving incidents at the bottom wherein i hit rocks and my last night shore entry wherein i was banged up good against rocks and corals.

dilligaf368:
Drying the suit in the Sun will make it break down faster. I also have seen Commerical divers place the Hood of a KMB-10-14 in a dryer to dry it before the next scheduled dive. The Hoods only last about a month of diving before they breakdown.
Drying a suit out of the sun and very hot areas the suit will last a good 5-6yrs. B-

i always dry it out of the sun, usually in a cool shaded place clear of stray cats:)

Spoon - no questions - that's way too fast. I have a 5mm dry suit for 3 years more than 100 dives done and it started now to wearing out...So it's either simply too small for you or you are streching it too much. Otherwise it's not possible that it would be of so bad quality.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom