Equipment Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SanzeKuhne

Reaction score
Currently located in Cambridge, as far from the se
Hey all!
Am getting equipment bag for my birthday and don't even know where to begin looking!! I'm going diving in Egypt two months this summer, and currently own my own mask, snorkel, fins, suit and BC jacket (building kit up gradually!) and want enough space to get puter etc at later dates. I'm thinking about getting one on wheels but now unsure as one or two of the dives may be off boats and/or off camels (travelling there/back). Are there any makes you guys could recommend? What kind of size etc etc etc?
Would appreciate as much help as possible! :10:

Hey, I think "what's the right dive bag for on a camel?" is something that has not been asked here before?! :)

General comment - you may not be able to find one bag that is perfect for everything. Sturdy closed bags with wheels are great for hauling through airports and such. Some people prefer bags with backpack straps especially where wheeling something around will be inconvienient. Some have both. Big sturdy bags you use for travel are usually too bulky for dayboats, so I suggest getting a lighter mesh bag and packing it in your main bag with the rest of your gear for when you need it.

Everyone has their favorite bags and there's many threads on the topic if you look in the Gear Bags forum at http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77. I have a Eagle Creek OTV trunk which is like a hard bottomed duffel with handle and wheels. It's great in the airport but I don't think it would work well on a camel.

Hey,
have had a look at several and it seems that my shortlist is for the Scubapro. Not sure which to get there tho; the twin resort bag seems really tempting, but then again the Rolling bag sounds cool too. The main difference is the price I suppose. does anyone have any experience of any of the bags at all?
Appreciate help!

If you are going to travel a lot and it sounds like it....I would stay away from any bag that advertises you have dive gear in there. There are a lot of good non descript bags. Go that way and might save yourself a hassle.

Since I have switched to a bp and wing...I put it in a carry on and take it on board with me. Before then, I used a SeaQuest Pro QD and would take a plastic container from Lowes or Home Depot, put the bcd inside with some other small items, bank the plastic container with two suitcase straps then put the whole thing in a duffle bag like suit case. Everything was protected but not identified as dive gear.
rich

Back
Top Bottom