Diving the lower 48

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacdvr

New
Reaction score
I am seeking information from as many divers as possible. I am planning a nation wide trip in a year and want to dive at least one interesting, unusual, common or other type of site within each state in the lower 48. I have been searching local dive guides and have been having some luck but I would like to get as many local divers involved in this project as possible.

If you have a local watering hole that you enjoy and other divers like to go, let me know. If it is a little unusual, even better! I am hoping the diving community will get behind this and provide emails and information. If you want to email me directly use pacdvr@aol.com. Thanks to all those who have contributed so far and thank you in advance to those who are going to help.

Welcome to the boards!!
Sounds like quite a project.
I'm looking forward to all the progress and dive reports!! :thumb:
Probably the most interesting dive site near me would be the St. Peter. I haven't dived it yet, so I really can't say much more.
If you come near Rochester let me know. :)

Recently there was an article either in Skin Diver or in Alert Diver named "50 states 50 dives"
I can look it up, if you like.

in Florida, Devils Den "www.devilsden.com" and then here in Virginia Beach....... well anything in the Atlantic is a great dive.. there are many, many wrecks.. Oh yeah if you want a nice fresh water dive here go to "Lake Rawlings" it is seen in the move The Replacements, the same white boat the Keanu Reeves was cleaning is sunk there and the place where he was standing passing the football underwater..... well I have been in the same place. So there are a few places around here. Check out my www site for even more info on the wrecks in the area. Good luck and when you hit this area let me know I would love to join the adventure.

Rich :mean:

The Florida Keys have some of the best diving for all levels. The reefs are too numerous to mention and there are many wrecks to dive as well. In the summer months the water is gorgeous and the temperature is great!! By the end of the week the new wreck the "Spiegel Grove" in Key Largo should be open to the public. A friend of mine recently dove it as a volunteer and says the wreck is awesome, massive, and both props are visable :)

I recently checked out a new dive operation in the Key Largo area called BlueWater Divers. This op is awesome!!! These guys have alot of experience, they are very friendly, go out of their way to make your trip an enjoyable one, they take the time to answer any questions, and they basically cater the trip to what the divers want, conditions allowing. These guys really love what they do. Check em out sometime at:

www.bluewaterdiver.net

Hope you make it to the Keys :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom