Kauai or Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmblack58

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm trying to decide where to go on my diving vacation this year and I'd appreciate any advice/reviews/comments you might have. I've got friends going on both of these trips so I want to know what people think would be the best diving.

My choices are
1) The North Shore of Kauai at the beginning of October (free accomidation at Cliffs Club)
2) The Turks and Caicos Explorer II in mid December.

I'd love to do both but my student loan payments keep getting in the way.

Thanks for the input.

Strange comparison. T&C liveaboard for quality and quantity of diving. Kauai for a more well rounded vacation.

I cant offer any first hand info on Turk and Caicos but it sounds awesome. If you are thinking of Kauai though... no dive operations exist on the north shore. There is an incredible shore dive there with over 10 lava tubes and swim throughs - but no boat operations. All the diving from boats is located an hour to an hour and 1/2 south in Poipu/Koloa. But if you come to Kauai - Niihau will blow you away! Do at least one trip there and you will see sharks galore - dive with monk seals, rays, dolphins, etc... largest caverns in the state of Hawaii etc... do some research on Niihau and Lehua rock. That is the best of it all. Fathom Five Divers will be leading the first ever premium over night trips to Niihau by then - with a max of 4 divers!!! Just a thought. Sounds like you have a winner either way! If I can help you with more Kauai info let me know! What a tough decision... we should all be so lucky!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom