Where Can Experienced & Semi Experienced Dive Together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadweeb

Reaction score
My husband has over 1,500 dives, been all over the world diving, loves challenging dives (100+ ft, currents, etc). I've had 50+ dives (20 in past 18 months). I've just figured out how to maintain buoyancy and enjoy 60-80 foot dives, currents are okay as long as we're drift diving...

We're planning a live aboard trip however, the places he hasn't been & wants to go require a lot of experience. The places I want to go, he's already been or will probably fall asleep during the dives.

Does anyone have suggestions as to where we could go where we can both have a great time?

dive at the same time and he won't get bored? If deep and currents are his thing, and not yours, I don't know if anyone can answer that one! Compromise, but don't push your limits.

.......and have a similar number of dives logged. I also enjoy diving with divers with less experience. When I dive a spot I've dived 150 times before it helps to have a buddy who is excited about what we are seeing. My buddy's excitement fuels my own.

I'd suggest targeting your experience level while slowly (slowly is the key word) expanding your limits.

You are making just over 1 dive per month. If you want to build some real experience you might consider picking up the pace. If you had made 20 dives in the last 3 months you'd be much more comfortable with your buoyancy. If your goal is to dive locations that are both safe and challenging for you and your husband you will need to reach the 500 dive mark in the next 5 or 6 years. If you move too slowly, you lose ability and confidence between dives. If you set the pace I suggest, you'll be enjoying dives together somewhere along the way to 500. If you go at your current pace you'll probably never be comfortable with his style of diving.

WWW™

and found this old thread I put out a year ago. Walter, your advice then was great and after reading it again, it is still. Over the past year I've logged another 30+ dives and am heading to PNG next month where I'll probably log another 30. With each trip my confidence is building and diving is so much more enjoyable when you know what your doing! Thanks.

You can dive anywhere that you are comfortable. Your husband should respect this and dive with you. Try cozumel, awesome diving there.

with Walter. A new dive buddies excitement makes it worth diving places I've been many times before.

We went there two summers ago, and I don't care what anyone says, playing with sea lions never seemed to get old. There are a lot of interesting reefs out there. There are some neat caverns to go into, there is a neat wreck to explore, and there is just a ton of active sea life out that direction too. I was fortunate enough to make dives for 5 days out there, and not a one of them seemed to be boring. That was my first trip, and I'll never forget it. To me it seems as if there was plenty of diving out there within your ability, and there is more than enough stuff to keep your husband interested.

:scuba:

Back
Top Bottom