I'm taking a pole.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I would like to know if you had the choice, would you go to the Coral Sea, or the Red Sea?
And for the those of you that have been to both, which do you think has the best diving?
:sunny:

For those of us who don't know very much about either, could you describe them both?

I've heard more about the Red Sea but would like to hear more about both.

Hi Natasha,

I'd choose the Coral Sea, followed by a Red Sea southern itinerary (northern itineraries are crowded & getting beat up). BTW, the Mar '01 issue of "Undercurrent" (www.undercurrent.org)contains extensive trip reports (one of them mine) on both north & south live-aboard experiences.

I picked the Coral Sea because it remains seldom visited, loaded with the full range marine life typical of this region & is served by one of world's nicest live-aboards, the Spoil Sport.

Enviable choices, Ms. Natasha.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Thanks for the quick response Doc. Your opinion means a lot to me.
I have been approched by a few friends to put a trip together to either place, and I too, am now leaning toward the Coral Sea. And I'm continuing to gather information.
I would love to hear from more divers out there, that have dove both places.
I did read Hocky's excellent write up on the scuba boards about his Coral Sea trip.( Under Pacific, Under Travel)
Dee, yep, I made a Boo boo on the pole..poll thing. I knew it looked funny.
I haven't heard of the "Spoil Sport" while I have heard of Mike Ball's live aboard at Dema. Anymore info on it?
Dee if I don't get to dive with you at the Flower Gardens how about a Coral Sea trip?
:sunny:

Natasha,

No direct feedback on Mike Ball, but here is his web site --look on the left side for several coral sea trip options. Based on my face value consideration (I have not been to either place), the coral sea is more appealing to me....marine life there seems more exciting than red sea (again, an uninformed opinion).

http://www.mikeball.com/

good luck with the planning -- hopefully you get to go as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom