dive trip in march/april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island Hoppa

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey everyone

i was just doing some thinking and its time to schedule another liveaboard trip. looking at the months march/april. just wondering where i should go? whats good that time of year. give me some thoughts on the best spots in that timeframe. i also need something kind of cheap kinda like thailand diving. theres no way i can afford a liveaboard in palau or something, way to expensive. throw out some ideas. thanks everyone. looking at headed out west as i am already on the pacific side. im in san diego.

I would consider Australia, the Bay Islands, Cozumel, Dominica, Fiji, PNG, or Micronesia. Cheap is another matter and specific to your situation but these locations would be high on my first cut list.

since you are in San Diego, it might be cheaper to do the Pacific than the Caribbean, but either way liveaboards are not cheap. Check out the Kona Agressor, it might be the least expensive for you. If you do want the Caribbean, I would check out the Nekton or Blackbeards. Nekton is nicer but Blackbeards is cheaper.

so what is your budget and what do you want to see?

Hawaii would be a good option for you. Round trip tickets can easily be found for $300 from LAX. Inter-island flights are usually $60-$80 round trip. There's great diving on the Big Island, great wrecks on Oahu and there's lots to do topside. If you get a room with a kitchenette, you save a lot of money by cooking yourself.

Mexico is another favorite of mine. Direct flights to Cozumel are a bit more, but the diving is great. Playa del Carmen and Tulum are beautiful and the cenotes are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom