Looking for a Dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking into a dive trip for next year and want to know the cheapest best diving there is. I think I'd like to try a Liveaboard but not necessary. I live in Hawaii so I'm looking in the Pacific area. Does anyone have any suggestions of tour groups? :confused:

Christina

Cheap does not work in the same sentence as Pacific area - even from Hawaii.

Liveaboards generally are not "cheap" but may be so if you look at them as cost per dive.

You need to post back with what your total budget is - if you want any assistance on this.

Maybe the Phillipines? Or Thailand? Might not qualify as cheap depending on airfare but diving should be both cheap and great as well.

Thanks for your help. I am interested in the aggressor fleet trips the most. Has anyone been on one of those? Or do they have any they would recommend?

Christina,

I'm just curious; What's wrong with where you are? I've never dove any of the HI islands, but..... my understanding was that they were fair to pretty good. Maybe you've just dove it so much that you're tired of it???

Wall-

Hawaii Diving is great especially on the Big Island but when locals want a vacation we have to leave the islands otherwise knowing myself I'll never feel like I'm on vacation. Life will get in the way and instead of doing 19 dives in a week I'll maybe get 3 in. Besides it's always been a dream of mine to go on a diving trip.

You might want to reach out to Catherine, who is often on the "Hawaii Ohana" board. I know she's taken some great trips out of Honolulu -- including Bali and Palau -- so she probably has some helpful ideas and tips. Also, I remember reading that she used a travel wholesaler to get a really low fare out of HNL.

Outside of Hawaii, my Asia-Pacific diving experiences have been Australia (Coral Sea/Osprey Reef liveaboard) and Indonesia (Komodo liveaboard). I particularly recommend the Komodo trip!! Check out the Mermaid liveaboard, it's relatively inexpensive -- and Bali can be very cheap, too, once you're there -- you get a lot for your money.

Happy planning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom