Where to go as a single diver in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PJC

Registered
Reaction score
I have some time booked off work during October but am struggling to work out where to go. I have a week to 10 days to use and am based in London. I've got my AOW certificate but am seriously rusty - last trip was April 2005.

I recently broke up with my girlfriend / dive buddy so I'll be travelling alone, and ideally would prefer somewhere with a reasonable social scene, or at least somewhere that isn't too coupley. I quite fancy doing a nitrox course, but I guess I can do that almost anywhere.

I guess the obvious place is probably the Red Sea - and probably Dahab rather than Sharm or Hurghada? However, I'm a bit concerned that following the bombings earlier this year the place will be a bit quiet - great for diving but not so great for evening entertainment.

Would really appreciate any thoughts on the Red Sea or suggestions for alternative destinations.

Thanks!

PS I have a ton of holidays to use up before the end of the year, so any ideas for a longer (2-3 week) trip in December would be appreciated too...

PJC:
I have a week to 10 days to use and am based in London.

I guess the obvious place is probably the Red Sea - and probably Dahab rather than Sharm or Hurghada? However, I'm a bit concerned that following the bombings earlier this year the place will be a bit quiet - great for diving but not so great for evening entertainment.

Red Sea, Sharm... Red Sea College of Diving for day trips. Forget the ex.

Sharm party scene starts at 2100 hrs and goes until dawn.

Here are my pix http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doc_a.../pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doc_adelman/my_photos (in my signature line, below)

Bombings? Pookie, that was July 2005. They were directed at locals (on purpose), not tourist areas or tourists.

Be sure to dive the Thistlegorm wreck, a 85' deep all-but-intact wreck from WW2, loaded with Jeeps, Enfield Rifles, 16" Shells, BSA Motorcycles.

Lots of wrecks! Easy diving.

Back
Top Bottom