Anyeonghasayo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I joined in need of help. (I moving on Saturday, does nay have a truck?) Joking aside, my situation is such; Currently I am planning my winter trip, I have 10 days in Jan-Feb and I live in Seoul, S.Korea. I would like to get wreak training in Coron, Philippines and possibly dive elsewhere as well around Boracay. However, the spill in Guiramas concerns me. Therefore the second option would be Sipadan, Malaysia (flights alittle more). The final part of this equation is the girlfriend, who is also a diver, would like to go to a 'cultural' site nearby.

My budget is around $1000 (not including flight),

Any help in choicing would be appreciated. (or)
Is there a thread you would reccommend.

Thanks in advanced. You can email directly if you like (my email is in my profile.)

one final note - I just dove an aquarium, it was awesome to be what the kids were knocking annoying on the glass about.

Welcome tp the ScubaBoard! Sorry can't help you with your diving rquest tho!
Colorado's a long way from Korea.Good Luck!

another welcome from scubaboard and Ohio

Welcome .

Howdy from and welcome to SB!

A thousand US$ for two of you for a week long dive trip with training?! :11:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Hello and welcome to the board!
I dived in Coron 2 years ago and loved it! 13 or so WW-II wrecks at recreational depths within a boat ride of your room! Good food and friendly people too!
SeaDive was our dive operator and resort and was excellent! Some of the best dive guides I have ever had.
Nice rooms in the same building as the dive shop and restaurant. No beach here, but there are places with beaches. A wide range of good places to stay, too.

http://seadiveresort.com/home.html

GatorSeoul,

I can not offer any vacation suggestions but I can give you my two cents (or should I say two won) about diving clubs in Seoul. If you can speak Korean, you will find it easy to locate active diving clubs in Seoul. Just get ready to get blown out of the water once you see the gear they are wearing and the amount they paid for it. I found two English speaking dive clubs that service the Seoul area. They are Deep Blue Quest (www.deepbluequest.com) and the Suwon Scuba Club (www.suwon-scuba.com). I got certified through Deep Blue Quest. Both clubs have decent rental gear. Based on your budget, you may have to stick with rental gear. Scuba equipment is two or three times more expensive in Seoul then what you would find in either Tampa or Gainesville.

Small world … my parents live just a little south of Tampa. My wife is at the University of Florida and we just moved away from Seoul.

Send me a PM if I can provide any more help.

K’Frogger

Hey Gator,

I live Geoje-do south of Pusan. I have dove the Coron wrecks from Sangat Island Reserve, a fantastic place. But to be honest to take the wreck speciality and the trip for 2 under a grand will be a stretch. You may want to look at a weeks diving in Perto Galara. So many KOrean go to vacation there you will be able to get a fairly cheap flight to Manila. I used action divers there that arrange transport to and from the resort. I paid about 28 dollars a night for an AC room and diving was about 22 dollars a dive. Beuatiful place with amazing diving offering drift, wreck, night, and tech.

Have a look and see if it works out.

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom