Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeppy1311

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am throwing this out there to get some guidance so here goes. I am getting married this july and looking for a honeymoon / dive vacation that is very relaxing yet adventurous. I am sort of looking at yap / palau / thailand with no specific order. I am looking to spend roughly 3-4 thousand for two people and would love to rent a private boat. I understand that may be out of our price range. we are willing to explore different places as well. Any input on a good place to get a lot of bang for our buck would be very helpful.

Jeppy
Welcome to Scubaboard.
Fill in your profile, it will give everyone an idea of your skill level and your location. Does your fiance dive?
Depending on where you start from Air Flights are going to eat up much of your budget.
Liveaboards are not honeymoon friendly so thats going to create some limitations

jeppy1331,
congratulations and welcome to this board.
could you consider the bvi's?
my wife and i have chartered a private crewed yacht several times.
you can get one that is set up for only 1 couple.
if you shop around i'm sure you can make the perfect choice.
http://www.regencyvacations.com/index.html
regards,

A close second to chartering your own boat in the BVIs would be to book a trip on the Cuan Law. Luxury liveaboard where you wouldn't have to worry about anything, except when the next gourmet meal would be served. :wink:

i believe jeppy1331 will be on a honeymoon.
they might not need 18 other guest.
a crewed charter would include a capt and cook.
there would be no worries.

Hi Jeppy,
If you need a chartered boat of some kind for island hopping around Phuket,
drop us a line and we'll see if there are some nice boats in your price range.
Dont forget to tell us what the price range is 'for the chartered portion' of
your holiday.
See ya....

Or....if you already know how to handle a sailboat, you can charter one all by yourself.

http://www.moorings.com/

You can anchor off a number of resorts/towns and dingy in for a dinner or whatever your pleasure is. Done it twice in the British Virgin Islands. Very safe and easy sailing.

Either way, congrats and good luck.

Hi Jeppy
July is not the perfect time to sail around Phuket. The dive sites are limited to the daytrips around Phuket so unfortunately you would not be able to go to the world famous Similans (90 km's north of Phuket) for example.

Another option would be to go for The Honeymoon Cabin on the chinese sailing Junk. The June Hong Chian Lee. In July this Liveaboard boat does cruises around the daytrip dive sites off Phuket around Koh Racha Yai and Racha Noi and the Phi Phi islands. A truly romantic atmosphere, great crew and excellent food.

Wishing you all the best with your weddng and honeymoon plans!

Check out the Eclipse in Palau. Highly reommended. You can find them on samstours.com. Did it in February.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom